Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Race Trip! Mohican OH


This ones a new one for me. A true air transportation only race. I have the challenge of trying to fit the gear for a 12 hour solo race into two bags, including the bike, but making it look like it is not a bike. Get it? I found out-too late- that Delta charges $175 each way to check a bike! That's a lot more than my airfare! So I have taken the challenge of putting my bike into two "normal" cases to see if I can get away with the usual -robbery- cost of checking bags; $40. I got it all in for a total of only 72 lbs. Its a good thing the Arantix is light.


The 24/12 Hours of Mohican is at Mohican "Wilderness" in Ohio. I think the use of the word wilderness is used loosely. But we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read once that UPS or FedEx may be the less expensive way to go when shipping a bike. I don't know if this is true, just something I read. Good luck on your race. Have fun.

Kendra