Friday, April 16, 2010

MY DOCTOR WAS MAD AT ME

It's been two weeks since the pec repair. This week I went to see the surgeon for followup. He saw me and I could tell he was mad at me. "Where's your sling?" he says. "I Uh, Uh, didn't know you wanted me to wear it still" I lied. Wow what a typical patient I am. You'd think I'd know better. But that's just it. As patients we "think" we know our bodies best. Who else lives with them all day, every day? We'd like to think or hope we are different than the other patients. Maybe we have a special gene that will make us heal faster. Or maybe the doctor really has it in for us? Or maybe we are deluding ourselves. Yes we are all different as a whole but tissue are the same. A muscle is a muscle and a tendon is a tendon in all of us. And the doctor has seen a lot of different individuals but in the end everyone's tissue is about the same. And
tendons take a long time to heal. (All this is just my way of talking myself into being a compliant patient-so feel free to ignore the ramblings of a doctor/patient.)
I have to realize the only thing still holding me together are threads. I'd better quit digging sprinkler ditches...... As I expected the "after-surgery" is the hardest.
ARANTIX MILES: UNCHANGED ;(

2 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Your proving the saying that doctors make the worst patients. But I'm sure it's hard to do nothing.

Anonymous said...

really karl? You're a Doctor! lol take care of yourself we all need you for a long time to come!
~JESSY