Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!

With the new time change and the spring like weather it was time to road test the knee. It's been 10 days since the surgery and the knee has been feeling good. I tested it out on the trainer Saturday and it felt pretty good. So today "to be safe" I figured I'd ride on the road (plus the trails were still soaked). 1.5 hours later I was all smiles! The knee felt strong! I stayed mostly in zone 2 but tried 3 short intervals which went well.

So the plan worked. I got both legs to feel weak so I can begin the rebuild process symmetrically. My left quad is no longer numb and is feeling stronger and now after the surgery on the right knee they feel the same- weak. So I got two weeks to get them race ready for Hurricane.

3 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Glad to hear this good news.

Wanna race right now? I might actually be able to keep you in sight.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are back in business. Look forward to seeing out there...

Anonymous said...

Great to hear the good news!